DCI Officers Bust Notorious Carjacking Gang
Sleuths from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) on Saturday arrested members of a notorious carjacking gang that has been terrorizing city residents.
Taking to Twitter, the agency revealed that the six suspects were apprehended in Kilimani after a violent robbery in Kitengela.
Their names are; Stephen Ngiru Kuria, Wilson Mutua Kitheka, Vincent Odhiambo, Elizabeth Akinyi Abuto, Lavender Akinyi Ogilo, and Quinter Adhiambo Ongi’no.
All the suspects have pending court cases in connection to house break-ins around Kilimani.
DCI detectives recovered two motor vehicles; a Toyota Prado and a Nissan Navara, when they arrested the suspects.
They also confiscated master keys, fake number plates, masking tapes and safes.
Investigations have been launched to establish how deep the network is before the suspects are arraigned and charged in court.
Netizens lauded the officers for their swift action in tracking and arresting the gang members.
Cases of carjacking have increased in the last few years. Some of the most notorious spots in Nairobi are; Adams Arcade matatu stage, City Stadium roundabout, Baba Dogo area, Kangundo/Outer Ring road junction, Bahati estate, and Toi market.
- 13 November 2019 - 2:45 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:23 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:07 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 1:15 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 12:20 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 1:12 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 12:58 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 11:41 am
- 13 November 2019 - 1:08 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 11:59 am
- 13 November 2019 - 11:35 am
- 13 November 2019 - 11:01 am