Day Mzee Kenyatta's Bodyguard Knocked Out JM Kariuki's Front Teeth
A man who served as Mzee Jomo Kenyatta's bodyguard in the 70s once knocked out a minister's front teeth during a confrontation on March 2, 1975.
Nation reported that Arthur Wanyoike Thungu was sitting in a panel that was interrogating Josiah Mwangi Kariuki, who was the MP for Nyandarua North and assistant minister.
According to the publication, Thungu demanded an answer as to why Kariuki was going around the country insulting Mzee Kenyatta.
He outrightly told the lawmaker that he was "insulting the head of state as if they were age-mates!”
Kariuki denied the charge and began explaining why he made comments that were deemed as an insult to Mzee Kenyatta.
While he was speaking, Thungu rose from his seat and handed him a heavy blow to the face.
Nation further indicated that Kariuki lost all his front teeth and this did not sit well with him.
An angry Kariuki reached out for his pistol to retaliate but he was stopped by General Service Unit (GSU) Commandant Ben Gethi who shot him in the shoulder.
A few days later, Kariuki's mutilated body was found in Ngong Forest by a herdsman.
- 13 November 2019 - 2:53 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 3:20 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:45 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:23 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:07 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 3:05 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 1:15 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 12:20 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 1:12 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 12:58 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 11:41 am
- 13 November 2019 - 1:08 pm