Police have launched investigations after a woman who was thrown out of a moving matatu succumbed to her injuries.
A report by Citizen TV indicated that Florence Wanjiru, 28, was hurled out of a Killeton Sacco Matatu plying the Kileleshwa-Lavington route.
CCTV footage that was seen Kenyans.co.ke shows her boarding the bus at Yongli Casino in Hurlingham.
Wanjiru's parents revealed that a good samaritan informed them that their daughter had been involved in an accident.
“Once we got the call, we rushed to the hospital to see her and she was in bad condition,” her uncle John Chege explained.
She was later taken to Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) where she passed away.
The deceased had informed her parents that she was hit with a metal rod before being thrown out of the bus.
Kilimani OCPD Michael Muchiri revealed that they were looking for the matatu tout who had gone into hiding.
"All indicators are clear the Sacco is Killeton, we already have one suspect in custody the driver. We are continuing with the investigations," he explained.
Watch the video below courtesy of Citizen TV:
- clever14 August 2020 - 8:37 pm
- daring14 August 2020 - 7:47 pm
- listening ear14 August 2020 - 6:21 pm
- narrowly14 August 2020 - 5:01 pm
- philanthropic14 August 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Another one14 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- new beginnings14 August 2020 - 3:24 pm
- update14 August 2020 - 3:33 pm
- heads rollling14 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- best of the best14 August 2020 - 2:45 pm
- No Chills!14 August 2020 - 2:01 pm
- pinching pennies14 August 2020 - 1:19 pm