Police have launched investigations after a woman who was thrown out of a moving matatu succumbed to her injuries.
A report by Citizen TV indicated that Florence Wanjiru, 28, was hurled out of a Killeton Sacco Matatu plying the Kileleshwa-Lavington route.
CCTV footage that was seen Kenyans.co.ke shows her boarding the bus at Yongli Casino in Hurlingham.
Wanjiru's parents revealed that a good samaritan informed them that their daughter had been involved in an accident.
“Once we got the call, we rushed to the hospital to see her and she was in bad condition,” her uncle John Chege explained.
She was later taken to Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) where she passed away.
The deceased had informed her parents that she was hit with a metal rod before being thrown out of the bus.
Kilimani OCPD Michael Muchiri revealed that they were looking for the matatu tout who had gone into hiding.
"All indicators are clear the Sacco is Killeton, we already have one suspect in custody the driver. We are continuing with the investigations," he explained.
Watch the video below courtesy of Citizen TV:
- unique15 April 2021 - 10:53 am
- Beware15 April 2021 - 9:27 am
- cache of weapons15 April 2021 - 8:32 am
- Relief15 April 2021 - 8:25 am
- Implicated15 April 2021 - 7:45 am
- hope15 April 2021 - 7:23 am
- dangerous14 April 2021 - 7:33 pm
- this is why14 April 2021 - 7:24 pm
- Scaling Heights14 April 2021 - 7:44 pm
- Remarkable14 April 2021 - 6:57 pm
- easy money14 April 2021 - 5:07 pm
- good news14 April 2021 - 5:00 pm