Radio presenter and comedian, Felix Odiwuor alias Jalang'o, has recounted how he was lured to leave Hot 96 FM, where he was co-hosting the breakfast show with Jeff Koinange.
He was speaking at Milele FM on Tuesday, where his fellow presenter Alex Mwakideu was marking one year since joining the station.
One week after Mwakideu started his job, he headhunted for a co-host and made a decision that Jalang'o was the best fit.
"I remember you called me and said there's work you want done here. I didn't look back. I said let me come and we can get down on it," recounted the comedian.
Milele FM is not the first station where the duo has worked together.
“You know Alex and I worked together for a long time and we bonded well, then we parted ways..we are soon going on-air together again, "Jalang'o posted on his Instagram, breaking the news that he was joining Milele FM.
They had collaborated on Radio Maisha. The breakfast program was quite popular and had an impressive online trail under the #AlexNaJalas banner.
Jalang'o was first to exit in 2018, after he got an offer from Hot 96, leaving Mwakideu struggling to pair up with Nick Odhiambo who could not perfectly fit into the Swahili audiences.
The popular comedian and MC started his radio career at Kiss 100 before moving to Radio Maisha where he worked for more than five years.
Before joining Radio Maisha, Mwakideu had worked at Mombasa’s Baraka FM from 2000 to 2010.
Watch as Jalang'o narrates how he was lured to quit Hot 96.
- Expansion19 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Freedom19 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Embattled19 May 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Get Paid19 May 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Responds19 May 2022 - 1:57 pm
- Heart of Gold19 May 2022 - 2:16 pm
- Blurred lines19 May 2022 - 1:39 pm
- Suspected19 May 2022 - 12:55 pm
- Generosity19 May 2022 - 12:14 pm
- Blow19 May 2022 - 11:08 am
- Intervenes19 May 2022 - 11:50 am
- Intervention19 May 2022 - 11:04 am