On Wednesday, a Kenyatta University graduate passed away in the United States after drowning at a lake just three months after his graduation.
The man, identified as John Omari Hassan, was reported to be from Nakuru and migrated to the US in April 2019.
The incident happened at Golden Ring Park, Baltimore, Maryland, as reported by Sahara Tribune.
Authorities are still trying to establish how John got into the water, as signs posted near the pond warn that swimming is prohibited.
Baltimore County fire officials narrated that people playing at the basketball court heard someone yelling from the pond and ran over to try and help.
After unsuccessful attempts to rescue him, they called an emergency toll line. Minutes later, dive crews were able to find the victim under the water and pulled him from the pond. John was rushed to Franklin Square Hospital while in critical condition. He later passed on at the hospital.
In April, 35-year-old Bonventure Alfred Ng’ang’a Gitau died after a kayak that he and his friend were riding in capsized at Lake Chelan, Chelan County, USA.
Chelan County Sheriff’s Office revealed that Gitau, who lived in Tacoma, Washington, and his friend went into the water in the inflatable canoe north of the dock area at Lake Chelan State Park.
In January, Allan Onucko, 42, was struck and crashed to death by an 18-wheeler semi-trailer in Harrisson County, USA .death crash fire
- DCI Raid17 September 2021 - 7:21 am
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm