Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto is among five governors who were left out of the list of those lined up to get the Head of State Commendation to be awarded by President Uhuru Kenyatta as part of the Jamhuri Day celebrations.
The Council of Governors nominated 42 of its members for decoration with the coveted Elder of the Order of the Golden Heart (EGH) medals, citing the various roles they have played either as county bosses or before they assumed office.
However, the list of nominees did not include the names of Ruto and four other couty bosses.
Four of those nominated inluding Kibwana, Kingi, Ruto, and Akaranga were left out of the list since they had previously received EGH awards while they served as Cabinet Ministers.
It is not, however, clear why Roba was not included in the list or whether he has previously been rewarded.
Governor Ruto served as Minister for Vocation Training during the Moi’s last term as President.
Kibwana and Akaranga headed different ministries during President Mwai Kibaki’s first term in office (2003-2007).
On his part, Kingi served as Minister for Fisheries during the coalition government.
It is a tradition for all ministers and Cabinet Ministers to be awarded EGH status during the first national holiday following their appointment.
Roba served as a pilot before being elected to become the first Governor of Mandera county.
- NEXT STEP16 January 2022 - 6:56 pm
- setback16 January 2022 - 7:11 pm
- Looming Crisis16 January 2022 - 5:49 pm
- Pandemonium16 January 2022 - 4:17 pm
- top secret16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- groundbreaking16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- TIPS16 January 2022 - 4:12 pm
- Sky is the Limit16 January 2022 - 2:39 pm
- reality check16 January 2022 - 3:02 pm
- appreciation16 January 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Listen Up16 January 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Warning16 January 2022 - 12:12 pm