She noted that the guard, whom she referred to as Chege, was very strict and during one instance, he locked her out of the studio due to lateness.
"There was a great security guard and I know he is retired. Those days the studio doors were not automated, he was the one who had the key.
"There was one time he made me sit outside because I was late for my show," she recounted.
The news anchor went ahead to state that during that time, the presenters were expected to arrive at the studio an hour and a half to the start of the show.
"He made me seat outside at the reception and listen to my show on the air, there was no presenter," she relayed.
Yvonne was reminiscing of days she worked at the station about 12 years ago. She added that Chege would never offer anyone his writing materials whenever they needed to sign in.
"You would sign in when you were coming in and you would say, Mr Chege can I have your pen? In response he would ask, what sought of journalist are you? Your pen is your tool of trade," she narrated.
Years later, Yvonne now doubles up as a news anchor at Citizen TV and a presenter for the Hot Drive show on Hot 96 alongside Patrick Igunza.
She is not only a media personality, but also the Ultimate Sports Nutrition (USN) supplements ambassador in Kenya 2019.
USN is a UK based sports supplement company that prides itself in offering only the best sports supplementation and expert nutritional advice.
Below is a video;
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm