In an emotional video posted by K24 TV news anchor, Anjlee Gadhvi, she tries to explain to her five-year-old daughter why she has to leave the country for two weeks to acquire specialized treatment in India.
The news anchor tries to make her daughter repeat why she has to go for treatment.
"Because you have to get in a machine that has to check if you're alright or not," the daughter states.
"I'm going to miss you," she adds amidst tears, as the two embrace each other.
The five-year-old goes ahead and advices her mother to seek treatment at the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi, as Ms Gadhi tries to explain why it might not be possible.
"Aga Khan has those machines but my doctor is in India and he knows how to check my chest better, so far I'm doing better, I don't need oxygen all the time, I don't need to nebulize all the time.
"Aga Khan hospital does not have those machines that can treat your momma. The doctors in India know more about momma's chest and they are going to help your momma be better and stronger, " she struggles to explain to her daughter.
Gadhvi was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2013, but went public about it in 2015, after funds raised by family and friends got drained.
After she appealed for public help, Kenyans donated over Ksh6 million in hours.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm