Political analyst, Herman Manyora, on Saturday, claimed that President Uhuru Kenyatta will continue living in State House come 2022.
The University of Nairobi lecturer intimated that Uhuru will be in the next government as a powerful prime minister and may even have to change State House's name, to Government House, as it used to be called, just to accommodate him.
According to Manyora, Kirinyaga Governor Anne Mumbi Kamotho let the cat out of the bag, by revealing that ODM leader, Raila Odinga, will be offered to the Kikuyu nation and the larger Mount Kenya region as the preferred presidential candidate, in 2022.
He noted that the governor was not just any ordinary lady but a serious leader from the Mount Kenya region, who was speaking with authority.
He nonetheless cautioned Deputy William Ruto that the support he seems to be enjoying at the moment, in Central Kenya, might just be hot air.
Manyora was of the view that come the election day, the electorate will change tune and listen to Uhuru if he convinces them to vote for Raila.
However, he stated that for Raila to sell in Central Kenya, the region must have a substantive stake in his government.
"If you want to know where the mount will vote, ask yourself if they will not be producing a presidential candidate, it means they are going to side with either Ruto or Raila because they have a stake in that government.
"It becomes complicated for Ruto and Christmas for Raila because it will be very difficult for Uhuru to remain in an arrangement with Ruto in power," he stated.
Manyora added that the only other option for Uhuru to have a stake in the next government, was to put somebody in place to hold brief for him, and that's where Interior CS Fred Matiang'i would come in.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm