In the wee hours of Saturday morning, Modern Coast Bus Company's Kisumu Branch Manager, Peter Otieno Ogallo, succumbed to injuries after he was reportedly being gunned down by a hotel manager.
The deceased was allegedly shot thrice in his chest at Polyview Estate in Kisumu, by Daniel Yona Jaoko, a manager at Ray Green Hotel in Nyamasaria, Homa Bay County.
Ogallo was in the presence of his family when the incident happened and was later rushed to Avenue Hospital, where he succumbed.
Jaoko had dropped his girlfriend, Vivian Achieng Meresa, who stays in the same compound with Otieno.
Kisumu County Police Commander, Benson Maweu, revealed that Jaoko and Vivian have been arrested over the killing.
Maweu disclosed that the deceased was shot as he tried to drive his matatu from the parking lot but his car had however been blocked by another vehicle, a black Jeep.
“When he approached Jaoko to allow him to move his vehicle, the former instead drew his gun and shot him," Maweu added.
The police boss further revealed that two of the three bullets went through the left side of the victim's chest, damaging his lungs.
Maweu also divulged that police had recovered a Ceska pistol with 15 rounds of ammunition when they arrested the suspects and another 42 rounds of ammunition at Jaoko’s house.
He was also found with a firearm license last issued in 2012. Maweu explained that Jaoko had not complied with the directive issued by Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’ i on firearm holders to renew the document.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm