A former Jubilee Party strategist, who worked on President Uhuru Kenyatta's 2017 campaign trail, was found dead at a hotel in Kisii under mysterious circumstances.
The body of the former strategist, Peter Magara, was found outside Magharibi Hotel by the hotel's staff on Saturday morning.
His wife, Jane Nyambura Magara, recalled that Magara left their room on Friday night but never returned. His body was found the following morning.
She went on to add that she had seen stress signs on her husband and even sought medication at a hospital.
“We checked into the hotel on Thursday evening, but on Friday my husband was exhibiting unusual behaviour.
“He stepped out of the hotel at night but unsuccessfully attempted to start the car engine. He came to the room but unfortunately, I didn’t get to notice the second time he left the room,” The Standard quoted Nyambura.
Confirming the incident, Kisii County police boss, Martin Kibet, stated that his family had tried to restrain him and that they suspected that he might have developed a psychiatric problem.
“We are investigating the matter though initial inquiries indicate that he might have developed a psychiatric problem,” stated Kibet.
In 2017, Magara was part of a team that campaigned for President Uhuru Kenyatta in Kisii which was led by Interior Cabinet Secretary, Fred Matiang’i, and Health PS, Susan Mochache.
She also worked with Uhuru's sister, Kristina Pratt, and a team that campaigned for Jubilee in Kisii and Nyamira counties.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- Imagego home27 February 2020 - 6:23 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm