Marianne Kitany, the estranged wife to Meru Senator, Mithika Linturi, on Wednesday, revealed details about how she pampered him during their happier times.
Testifying in their divorce hearing at a Milimani court, Kitany told the judge that on more than one occasion, she personally dug deep in her pockets, just to express the love she had for the senator.
She alleged that when they first met, Linturi was broke and could not afford rent. The former aide to Deputy President William claimed that she invited Linturi to live in her house in Kileleshwa.
“I came to learn later that he had rent arrears and I assisted by paying…he asked for some money to pay rent and much later I got to see letters from the landlord. I gave him Ksh 200,000,” Kitany disclosed.
The court also heard that on December 2014, the couple travelled to Australia to enroll all their children in school at a cost of Ksh11million, which she paid.
Kitany added that on December 2015, she forked out another Ksh 800,000 after they both took their family to Mauritius for a two-week trip.
The former chief of staff at Ruto’s office further revealed how, in January 2016, the two hired an architect and started the construction of their house in Meru, at a cost of Ksh36million.
“The chunk of that money was from my pocket…I gave Ksh26million. I gave out that money because we had agreed to stay together as husband and wife,” she claimed.
Kitany also told the court that it was after they got married that people saw a change in him, specifically in grooming.
"I cooked good food for him and took very good care of him," Kitany noted.
Linturi, on the other hand, had disputed marrying Kitany and stated that he was legally married to Mercy Kaimenyi at the time Kitany claimed they were in a relationship.
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm