Day Uhuru Sneaked Into Neighbouring Compound, Danced to His Fav Songs [VIDEO]
President Uhuru Kenyatta once strolled out of State House, Nairobi, and made an impromptu visit to the Permanent Presidential Music Commission offices, where choirs were rehearsing to entertain President Barack Obama in 2015.
The footage showed President Kenyatta taking a short walk accompanied by his son, Muhoho Kenyatta, with a security detail of about 20 men in tow.
The commission's offices are situated next to State House Girls, just a stone’s throw from the house on the hill.
He walked in on the team unawares, sending them into a frenzy. The president is known to love the song, Tushangilie Kenya, and was even honoured when it was played in Jamaica, during his recent trip.
President Kenyatta met the choir members after visiting the Westgate Mall, which had reopened a day before.
At the end of the dance, the head of state openly promised leading music composer, Mwalimu Thomas Wesonga, who led the rehearsals, that he would send “some chai” for the choir members to enjoy.
“Mwalimu wacha nirudi nitumane chai hawa wakunyue. Mungu awabariki,” promised Uhuru amid ululation from the choir members.
Dressed in unusual casual attire, the President danced, sang and mingled with the artists as he gave them handshakes.
- 19 September 2019 - 6:00 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:12 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 4:40 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 6:03 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:13 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 5:42 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 3:55 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 3:07 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 3:24 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 3:45 pm