3 people died following a gruesome road accident that occurred near Gatunyu Shopping center on Gatanga-Thika road, on Saturday evening.
Reports coming in revealed that 2 children are also fighting for their lives at Thika Level 5 hospital, following the grisly accident involving a pick-up truck and a Toyota Vitz.
According to eyewitness accounts, the motorists are believed to have been making their back from the funeral of the late benga maestro, John De'Mathew.
"I just lost 3 of my work friends in a grisly road accident on Thika road coming from De Mathew's burial. Please to whom everyone this may reach out. Don't drink and driver, just don't!" Derrick Mwerema tweeted.
NTV disclosed that two of the deceased were actually brothers, adding that 5 people were rushed to Thika Level 5 Hospital, after sustaining injuries.
De Mathew was buried, on Saturday, at his home in Gatanga, Muranga county.
President Uhuru Kenyatta, alongside other dignitaries, were in attendance, with the Jubilee Party leader going on to announce that the government will set up a Ksh10 million studio at Kirwarwa within Gatanga Constituency.
The studio would be in honour of the late De’ Mathew's, who Uhuru described as a personal friend.
In yet another horrific incident, a car drove into Maragwa river, Murang’a, just a few minutes before the Gatunyu Market accident.
Fortunately, an unidentified man jumped in and rescued the passengers before they drowned.
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm
- ImageGive Up27 February 2020 - 1:03 pm
- ImageNo show27 February 2020 - 1:41 pm