Boda Boda riders, on Sunday, lit several fires across Thika Superhighway, just next to the Thika town exit.
This was after one of their colleagues was in a head-on collision with a 14-seater matatu that killed him on the spot.
"A bodaboda rider has died on the spot after colliding head-on with a 14-seater matatu on Thika road near Njomoko," ma3route tweeted.
The riders thus decided to set up fire blockades across the scene of the crime, in an act of protest.
A major traffic snarl-up ensued, on the busy highway that serves as the main gateway to the eastern parts of Kenya.
Reports went on to state that the driver of the Mataara Sacco matatu sustained serious injuries, going on to reveal that he was rushed to Thika Level 5 Hospital.
This comes barely an hour since the news of David Rudisha's road accident.
The Olympic gold medalist was lucky to escape with minor injuries, in relation to the magnitude of the accident.
His Toyota V8 burst its tyre, consequently hitting an Ena Coach bus head-on, near Keroka town along the Kisii-Keroka highway.
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm
- Imagepeacemakers24 February 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Imageno holds barred24 February 2020 - 11:32 am
- ImageAlert!24 February 2020 - 2:41 pm
- ImageFed-Up24 February 2020 - 10:50 am