David Rudisha Involved in Grisly Road Crash [PHOTOS]
Olympic gold medalist, David Rudisha, was, on Sunday morning, involved in a grisly road accident.
Confirming the incident, Keroka OCPD, Walter Abondo, disclosed that the accident occurred in Nyansiongo area on the Kijauri-Keroka Highway in Nyamira County.
The Olympic 800m record-holder, however, survived the crash with minimal injuries.
The accident involved a public service bus and Rudisha's vehicle.
No deaths were reported in the collision.
Rudisha was driving to his Kilgoris home when his vehicle was hit from behind by an Easy Coach bus.
Shortly after the 2am accident, the athlete was taken to Keroka Sub County Hospital where he underwent an X-Ray.
No fractures were found but Rudisha reportedly complained of pain on his lower limbs and chest and was treated and discharged.
"I am well and unhurt from this morning's accident. Thank you for your prayers and concern. And above all, I thank God for keeping everyone else involved safe. A special thank you to the other road users who rushed to the scene to help me out of the car after the incident!" Stated Rudisha.
His vehicle was towed to Keroka Police Station.
Below are more photos from the accident scene:
- 19 November 2019 - 9:44 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:30 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 8:13 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 8:56 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:03 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 7:48 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 6:35 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 6:08 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 5:21 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 5:01 pm
- 19 November 2019 - 4:45 pm