Controversial lawyer, Miguna Miguna, and ODM Secretary-General, Edwin Sifuna, traded blows over who was most suitable to replace the late MP Ken Okoth in Kibra Constituency.
What started as a simple form of expression by the embattled lawyer turned into a full-fledged war of words that involved various parties.
After ODM held a rally to unveil all its candidates who were interested in vying for the Kibra post, Miguna took to Twitter to advice the area's residents to choose someone who would carry on Okoth's legacy and warned them against Sifuna in partly.
"To my brothers, sisters and compatriots in Kibra: Your departed member of parliament, Ken Okoth, was a visionary, disciplined and committed human being with integrity. He was born, grew up and represented you as one of you. Don't elect opportunists like Edwin Sifuna and Ongoro.
"Choose an MP who will continue Ken Okoth's legacy of single-minded focus on serving the people. Avoid strangers from other constituencies whose only interest is to use Kibra as a convenient place to loot public resources," posted Miguna.
Seemingly offended, Sifuna did not hesitate to remind Miguna that he was not part of the race and neither was Ongoro.
"I'm not even running. Of the 25 plus people who have expressed interest, Sifuna isn't one of them. Ongoro isn't running," he responded.
The lawyer refused to accept Sifuna's answer and claimed that he had previously given his name to the press that he was an interested party in the race.
He also noted that the "people will teach you a lesson for cremating Ken Okoth like a dog."
"'Trying to run' is what you did in 2017. When I want something I'll say it myself, not through media. Plus lessons are welcome, I'm still teachable. You are unwell. Just take your prescriptions so you don't see my ghost everywhere," clarified Sifuna.
During the Kamukunji rally. 24 candidates, who had expressed interest in contesting for the seat under ODM, were allowed to introduce themselves to the expectant crowd.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm