Former Prime Minister Raila Odinga is seemingly in control when it comes to the shelter department as much as he is powerful in the political arena.
Several years prior, the former prime minister's private residence made public fodder after reports emerged that the alleged Ksh1 billion he used to construct the behemoth was not entirely legally obtained.
Today, the mansion stands on Kanyakwar, Riat Hills, overlooking the Kisumu International Airport and it is a sight to behold.
Kenyans.co.ke recently learnt that the mansion contains 74 rooms and is perched on a hill overlooking Kisumu city which is Raila's home turf.
Broken down, out of all those rooms, 10 are bedrooms. There are also four expansive kitchens, two main conference rooms, two small conference rooms and space for offices.
Outside, there is a helipad that receives the AU envoy or his guests when they had there to visit Raila.
The house itself is a three-storey building painted yellow and sports brown glass on its front.
It reportedly took nine years to construct.
Raila is among Kenya's top politicians who get to spend their nights in total opulence.
The others include Nairobi Governor, Mike Sonko, Deputy President William Ruto, Mombasa Governor, Hassan Joho and his Kirinyaga counterpart Anne Waiguru.
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am
- heating up12 July 2020 - 9:24 am
- Frightening12 July 2020 - 9:13 am