Amani National Congress (ANC) party leader, Musalia Mudavadi, on Wednesday, presented a former aide of ODM leader, Raila Odinga, as his candidate for the Kibra Constituency by-election.
Mudavadi handed over his party's nomination certificate to Eliud Owalo, at its headquarters in Lavington, Nairobi.
On August 23, 2019, Owalo resigned from ODM in what was seen as a strategic move to better his chances of clinching the Kibra seat.
However, according to his resignation letter, Owalo stated that "My resignation is informed by the fact that my political ideology, convictions and belief no longer has convergence or depict and congruence and common denominator with that of the ODM Party, its value orientation and practices."
In the run-up to the 2017 General Election, Owalo was in NASA's secretariat.
Back in 2013, he unsuccessfully contested for the Kibra seat, but his ambition was cut short after he lost in the party's nominations.
IEBC has scheduled the by-election for November 7, 2019.
On August 28, the ODM Party unveiled a list of 11 aspirants who will be battling to replace the late Ken Okoth, as Kibra MP.
Those who were approved include DJ Kriss Darlin, Peter Ochieng, Tony Ogola Sira, Reuben Ojijo and Stephen Okello.
The others are Bernard Otieno, Eric Ochieng, Brian Owino, John Otieno, Benson Musungu and Patrick Lumumba Owade.
- REFORMS30 November 2021 - 8:07 pm
- Congratulations30 November 2021 - 7:54 pm
- revealed30 November 2021 - 7:30 pm
- Read in Full30 November 2021 - 6:58 pm
- Conditional30 November 2021 - 6:34 pm
- New Home30 November 2021 - 6:35 pm
- good news30 November 2021 - 5:47 pm
- New Dawn30 November 2021 - 5:05 pm
- HEARTBREAKING30 November 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Rags to Riches30 November 2021 - 4:36 pm
- charting own path30 November 2021 - 3:55 pm
- AMBITIOUS30 November 2021 - 4:54 pm