A businessman in Meru died in a bizarre accident in which his own car run him over at a petrol station after he mistakenly hit the accelerator rather than the break.
In the unfortunate incident caught on camera on Tuesday, September 10, the vehicle that was on reverse gear is seen thrusting him out of the driver side and rolling over him with driver's door still open.
Meru County Deputy Police Commander Francis Wahome revealed the 62-year-old Luke Kiumbe Muriithi had driven into a petrol station in Meru town to check his tyre pressure.
CCTV footage showed that the wealthy businessman got into his silver BMW X5 and the car sped off in reverse tossing him out.
“The CCTV footage showed that the vehicle zoomed off on the reverse and threw the businessman out from the driver’s door,
"The vehicle rolled over him, hitting some pillars, and was only stopped by a gas cylinder storage cage,” stated Wahome.
Kiumbe was rushed to the Meru Level Five hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival and the body transferred to the Meru Funeral Home.
After a careful study of the footage, Wahome revealed that the police had ruled out foul play in the death.
Though, according to The Standard, the businessman had spent most of Monday hopping from bar to bar in a drinking spree.
Also, it was claimed that his vehicle had been involved in a minor accident at Makutano area in Meru but he sped off without reaching out to the other motorist.
The police chief concluded that investigations into the incident were ongoing.
- Covid-1925 May 2020 - 5:20 pm
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am