Waititu's Deputy in Trouble After Reshuffling Cabinet
Kiambu Deputy Governor, James Nyoro, is in trouble after a resident, Bernard Chege Mburu, moved to court to challenge his move to reshuffle County Executive Committee members (CECs).
Mburu stated that the move by the Deputy Governor was not acceptable in law.
He added that this action could cause fracas in the county, citing that cabinet transfers were not approved by the Governor as Citizen Digital reports.
“The illegal acts of the deputy governor will create a stalemate that will gravely affect service delivery to the people of Kiambu especially as one of the dockets affected is Finance,” the court papers read.
Mburu noted that the act would make other deputy governors follow suit anytime their county head was ill or temporarily out of office.
He also added that the governors would reverse those appointed by the Deputy Governor and appoint their own.
The Kiambu resident firmly stated that Nyoro did not have any authority to dismiss or re-assign officers appointed by the Governor.
On July 30, 2019, Kiambu Governor, Ferdinand Waititu, was barred from accessing his public office until further notice.
He is under probe for the loss of Ksh 588 million in shoddy deals.
- 19 September 2019 - 12:29 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 12:11 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 11:47 am
- 19 September 2019 - 12:04 pm
- 19 September 2019 - 11:27 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:10 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:00 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:17 am
- 19 September 2019 - 9:57 am
- 19 September 2019 - 9:47 am
- 19 September 2019 - 10:38 am
- 19 September 2019 - 9:02 am