Nation FM on Monday, September 30, made a comeback into the crowded radio scene after it bowed out over three years ago in July 2016.
According to a source who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke, the station's main focus will be music.
This is because the current target audience of the radio is the urban community.
The radio station officially aired its first show on Monday as from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. at 93.6 (Nairobi) and 101.5(Mombasa) frequencies.
The show, dubbed the Morning Fix, will continually be hosted by NTV's Dr. King'ori and Cate Rira. King'ori is also a host for The Wicked Edition aired on NTV, while Rira is a host in the Lit 360 show.
"If you love a good morning you have to listen to us from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. because we serve you the best breakfast ever," hyped Rira during the Nation FM's maiden show.
Other media personalities who will take up different shows include comedian Obinna who once hosted a show called Homerun before the closure of the station and Anto Neosoul, who occasionally hosts The Trend.
The duo is set to host The Drive, as from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The shows will be televised and the audience will be able to access the shows via any social media platform.
More reports by our sources also stated that radio station employed most of the employees it retrenched when it closed down
- Matatu Sanity29 November 2020 - 9:43 am
- corridors of justice29 November 2020 - 9:27 am
- My Take29 November 2020 - 9:18 am
- escape29 November 2020 - 9:04 am
- Unfortunate29 November 2020 - 8:11 am
- Life Saver29 November 2020 - 7:54 am
- costly29 November 2020 - 7:20 am
- details28 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- looming danger28 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- rising above28 November 2020 - 7:30 pm
- get out28 November 2020 - 7:21 pm
- update28 November 2020 - 5:39 pm