A Royal Media Services (RMS) radio host on Sunday, October 7, came clean on his struggle with alcoholism.
Hot 96 presenter, Francis Kibe, popularly known as Rapcha the Sayantist disclosed how alcohol addiction had affected his family, particularly his children, who continually saw him in a sorry state.
"My kids used to wipe vomit from my mouth, it was ugly, it was a bad life and I changed it. I stopped drinking for good and decided to focus on my body, food and my career," he posted on Twitter.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Rapcha also affirmed that he quit excessive consumption of alcohol in 2017 and had been sober since, especially after he saw how his wife and children were suffering.
Rapcha, who said that he went cold turkey - giving up a habit or addiction at a single moment, rather than gradually -, also revealed that alcohol addiction had threatened his radio career.
"My struggle with alcoholism also affected the listenership of my show because I did not put in enough research," he stated.
The journey to soberness was however not easy because he felt as if "his body was shutting down with several headaches."
He has since adopted a strict routine in which, he works in the morning for three hours, after which he takes up meditation from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. During the period he sometimes reads about three chapters of a book.
From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., the journalist mentioned that he conducts research for his show that airs from 7 pm to 10 pm.
According to the journalist, his revelation prompted more people to reach out seeking help in quitting alcohol.
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm