A man slipped from a moving Prado and fell to death on the afternoon of Sunday, October 13, during ODM campaigns in Kibra Constituency.
Citizen Digital reported that the victim was allegedly hanging on the vehicle while it was speeding before he fell on the road.
Quoting Nairobi County Police Commander Philip Ndolo, the outlet further indicated that the deceased was run over by other speeding vehicles that were part of the convoy.
Ndolo confirmed that the deceased died on the spot.
The vehicles were leaving Kibra DC ground where a number of leaders of the ODM party had met to drum up support for their Kibra candidate Benard 'Imran' Okoth.
The deceased's body was taken to City Mortuary.
This comes roughly a day after Jubilee Party candidate McDonald Mariga's campaign convoy got pelted with stones.
The rowdy youth who attacked the vehicle went on to set its tyres ablaze in an adjacent road, beside a billboard with Mariga's face.
The vehicle, branded with Mariga's portrait and Jubilee's trademark colours (yellow and red), had its windows smashed and its boot destroyed.
Photos of the vehicle, also a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, showed it was parked at a police station after the incident.
Reports alleged that chaos erupted after locals caught one of Ruto's men with Ksh 10 million which was being used to buy IDs from targeted communities.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm
- Imagepeacemakers24 February 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Imageno holds barred24 February 2020 - 11:32 am