Deputy President William Ruto promised goodies to Kibra residents, stating that he had a plan to ensure Kibra transformed into a better settlement area.
On Tuesday, October 8, the DP hosted leaders from Nairobi County, at his posh Karen Office.
He seized the moment to campaign for Mariga who is Jubilee's flagbearer for the upcoming Kibra by-election.
"Kibra and other informal settlements in Nairobi will be among the major beneficiaries of the government’s housing plan under the Big 4 Agenda," Ruto stated.
He went on to urge current leaders to step up in their administration and work towards Kibra's transformation.
"It is therefore incumbent upon leaders from the area to ensure this affordable and decent shelter dream for every Kenyan is realised," Ruto rallied.
During the event, McDonald Mariga campaigned to the grassroots leaders.
Ruto seemingly hatched the same tactic when he opened his home to Kibra residents on Friday, October 4.
He hosted the residents and top Jubilee leaders at Karen, Nairobi. The leaders who attended the event were Kiharu MP Ndindi Nyoro, Starehe MP Charles Njagua alias Jaguar, Nominated Senator Millicent Omanga and Dagoretti South MP John Kiarie.
"Hosted a delegation of grassroots leaders from Kibra Constituency and elected leaders in Nairobi county to drum up support for the Jubilee candidate McDonald Mariga," Ruto tweeted.
- impressive3 July 2020 - 7:33 pm
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm