Uasin Gishu Woman Representative Gladys Boss Shollei and her Kirinyaga counterpart, Purity Ngirici, on Wednesday, October 16, announced their plans to ensure the release of Malindi Member of Parliament, Aisha Jumwa.
Speaking to the media from parliament, the two claimed that Jumwa's detention was unconstitutional, going on to announce their next course of action.
"We will be the first to take disciplinary actions taken against Chief Inspector Wekesa because he obviously doesn't understand the constitution and the law he's supposed to be following," Shollei disclosed.
She went on the claim that the police had denied Jumwa's daughter as well as sister, access to her at the Kilindini Police Station in Mombasa.
"Jumwa has a right to be granted bail, informed on why she is arrested as well as allowed visitation with her family. The police should be the first people to uphold the law," the Woman rep stated.
Ngirici, on her part, claimed that women were being victimized as men walked free despite committing serious crimes.
"We have seen men who have been involved in all types of illegalities, we have seen men send people to be burned in Kibra," the Kirinyaga women rep narrated.
She went on to send her condolences to the family of Gumbao Jola - the ODM agent who was killed after a scuffle ensued between Jumwa and ODM supporters in Ganda Ward, Kilifi County on October 15.
Police raided the home of the Malindi MP in Kakuyuni and arrested her following the fracas that left one dead.dead arrest killed illegal
- CAUTION10 August 2022 - 4:40 pm
- It's a Wrap10 August 2022 - 4:35 pm
- Our Position10 August 2022 - 4:08 pm
- Bowed out10 August 2022 - 4:21 pm
- Do Better10 August 2022 - 3:33 pm
- Thank you10 August 2022 - 2:41 pm
- Admission10 August 2022 - 2:01 pm
- Concession10 August 2022 - 1:21 pm
- Excitement10 August 2022 - 2:25 pm
- Humour10 August 2022 - 1:43 pm
- Democracy10 August 2022 - 12:58 pm
- Disobeying Orders10 August 2022 - 12:21 pm