President Uhuru Kenyatta on Thursday, October 17, replaced Gershom Otachi, who was part of his defence team at the ICC, in major changes he's made in as the Chairperson of a government board.
In a gazette notice, the head of state revoked the appointment of Otachi as the chairperson of the Board of Geothermal Development Company and appointed former KRA boss John Njiraini in his place.
"In exercise of the powers conferred by section 6 (1) (a) of the State Corporations Act, I, Uhuru Kenyatta, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Defence Forces of the Republic of Kenya, appoint John Njiraini to be the Chairperson of the Board of Geothermal Development Company, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 16th October, 2019.
"The appointment of Gershom Otachi is revoked," the statement read in part.
Earlier in October, Uhuru appointed Otachi as the chairman of the National Land Commission for a six-year non-renewable term.
Other appointments as Chairpersons of boards are:
1. Njoki Kahiga - Women Enterprise Fund Advisory Board,
2. Losenge Turop (Prof.) - Chairperson of the Uwezo Fund Oversight Board
3. Ntoros Baari Ole Senteu - Kenya Post Office Savings Bank Board
4. Richard Kipkoech Langat - Board of Tourism Research Institute
5. LT. Gen. (rtd) Joseph Kasaon - Kenya Meat Commission
6. Naftali Agata - Kenya Medical Research Institute
7. Wilfred Chacha Rotich - Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization
8. Ochieng' G. Mbeo - Kenya Fish Marketing Authority,
9. Victor Mwongera (DR.) - Non-Executive Chairperson of the Youth Enterprise Development Fund Board
10. Pauline Muthangani - Non-Executive Chairperson of the Tourism Regulatory Authority
11. Robert Onsare Monda - Non-Executive Chairperson of Kenya Tsetse and Trypanosomiasis Eradication Council.
- Tragic21 January 2021 - 1:36 pm
- in trouble21 January 2021 - 1:06 pm
- Beware21 January 2021 - 2:00 pm
- Accosted21 January 2021 - 12:14 pm
- dramatic21 January 2021 - 11:59 am
- Insider21 January 2021 - 11:38 am
- Take Note21 January 2021 - 11:22 am
- stringent21 January 2021 - 11:09 am
- Puzzling21 January 2021 - 10:35 am
- Opposed21 January 2021 - 10:38 am
- Nairobbery21 January 2021 - 9:55 am
- latest21 January 2021 - 9:29 am