ICT Cabinet Secretary Joe Mucheru on Wednesday, October 16, re-appointed a dead man to serve as a member of the Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB).
Through a gazette notice, the CS announced the re-appointment of Robert Kochalle, a man who died on May 28, 2018.
The late Kochalle was re-appointed together with Gathoni Kung'u and Nereah Aluoch Okanga.
"In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 11A (e) of the Film and Stage Plays Act, the Cabinet Secretary for Information, Communications and Technology, re-appoints Gathoni Kung’u, Robert Kochalle, Nereah Alouch Okanga as members of the Kenya Film Classification Board, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 21st October, 2019," read the gazette notice.
In June 2018, KFCB, led by CEO Ezekiel Mutua, paid their last respects to Kochalle.
Further, in the tribute, the board thanked President Uhuru Kenyatta and Deputy President William Ruto for the support they had offered.
"We thank His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta, Deputy President William Samoei Ruto and Majority Leader of the National Assembly Aden Duale who stood with the family during this time of grief.
"Your financial support, presence and prayers have strengthened the family and all those who were close to the late Kochalle," part of the tribute read.
The deceased had a successful career in the public service serving as the MP for Laisamis between 1992 and 1997. He then rose to become an assistant minister in the Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife.
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm