As floods hit various parts of the country River Lagwarera in Lamu County bursts its banks.
KDF soldiers who had been deployed to eliminate the threat of Al Shabaab, were on Friday, October 18, risked their lives by wading through the flooded river.
In a video shared by Daily Nation, the vehicles were seen crossing the river while submerged up to over 60 per cent.
The daring feat attracted the attention of residents who watched in disbelief.
At one point, the person who recorded the video was heard shouting that one of the vehicles' engine went off midstream.
More than 1,000 residents, including school-going children and security agencies in villages near Boni Forest, were also affected by the floods.
Since Wednesday, October 16, residents of Bodhei, Mangai, Milimani, Mararani and Bar’goni areas, were left stranded after floods hit parts of Hindi - Kiunga Road and washed away several bridges.
Despite the KDF soldiers' daring feat, other truck drivers were forced to stay at Bodhei Junction and Mokowe Town as they wait for the floodwater to subside.
Speaking to journalists at Bodhei Junction in Basuba Ward, MCA Barissa Deko pleaded with the national government and well-wishers to quickly intervene and bring humanitarian assistance to residents in the affected villages.
- oops6 July 2020 - 8:57 pm
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- Moves6 July 2020 - 6:30 pm
- Comeback6 July 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Ray of Hope6 July 2020 - 4:44 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Soaring6 July 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Reactions6 July 2020 - 4:03 pm
- frontliners6 July 2020 - 3:22 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Open Skies6 July 2020 - 1:49 pm