Elgeyo Marakwet Senator and leader of the majority at the Senate Kipchumba Murkomen found himself on the wrong side of Kenyans on Twitter after he shared the videos of the Kimwarer and Arror rivers.
Murkomen seemingly recorded the two flooded rivers and questioned the president's decision to revoke the contract for the Kimwarer dam and reduce the amount allocated for the Arror dam.
"Kimwarer River Elgeyo Marakwet - Not viable ni wewe (the unviability is only valid in your mind)," Murkomen captioned the first video.
His post received backlash from netizens who accused the legislator of costing his county the benefits of waters from the proposed dams.
Others questioned his knowledge of weather patterns and his understanding of the unreliability of seasonal rivers since it was sighted as one reason why the Kimwarer Dam was declared not viable.
"Looks like rainwater to me. Show us the same "river" in the month of January. We'd have to ask the engineers who thought a seasonal river made the project not viable," Reverend Kithaka stated.
Murkomen would still post yet another video of the Arror River and captioning it " Arror River has become violent. Wants to be dammed urgently!"
And on this Kenyans online were not merciful to the senator either with most of them claiming he was seeking a new avenue to siphon money.
"But your people will have to suffer because you leaders redirected the money meant for the dam to your pockets. Sasa wacha hizo mifuko zenu zizuilie mafuriko (let your pockets prevent the flooding)," stated one netizen by the moniker Obi.
Murkomen turned into a fierce critic of President Uhuru Kenyatta ever since he ordered the cancellation of the Kimwarer Dam project contract on September 18.
The president also ordered the immediate commencement of the implementation of the Arror Multipurpose Dam project with the new design components and cost rationalisation plan as developed by a technical committee tasked to review the projects.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm