Before TV power couple Lulu Hassan and Rashid Abdalla were paired up on Citizen TV, there was another inseparable duo, Statehouse spokesperson Kanze Dena and Lulu.
The two were not only colleagues but bosom friends and the journey of their friendship as explained by Kanze was an unexpected one.
In a January 9, 2018 Parents magazine video, Kanze disclosed that their friendship like most began on social media.
"We used to chat on Facebook, for about a year and we met during her son's first birthday," she disclosed.
The two later got to work together at Citizen TV however, one trying moment while in the studio sealed their friendship.
"We were covering elections and since presenting at that time required one to ad-lib, we went into the studio with no script and we were forced to come up with stories to keep their viewers glued," Kanze recounted.
She went on to explain that she noticed Lulu completed her sentences perfectly like she could read her mind and vice versa.
The two would go on to co-host Citizen TV's weekend Swahili bulletin, Nipashe Wikendi, for five years growing their relationship beyond the newsroom.
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm
- taking action6 June 2020 - 12:27 pm