A seven-year-old boy who was reported missing on Mashujaa Day has been found alive.
According to the Citizen Digital, Aqif Malik was kidnapped from his parents home in Kisumu's Re Estate on Sunday, October 20.
Upon being informed of his disappearance, Homabay DCI officers commenced a search for the boy.
Confirming his retrieval, DCI boss Daniel Wachira stated that Malik was found in Nyandiwa area on Wednesday, October 23, evening.
A woman who was found with the boy has been apprehended and is being held at Magunga Police Station.
During an earlier interview, the mother of the boy, Ruhina Malik, appeared distraught over the disappearance of her son.
"He is my everything. I just want my son back, alive and well. that is all I ask for," she told journalists.
The father, Rashid Malik, stated that they had used various media to try to find the boy.
"We have put posters on social media: Facebook and WhatsApp. We are praying that they return him to us safely," Rashid stated at the time.
Here is the video courtesy of Citizen TV:
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm