Frantic scenes were witnessed at Wilson airport on Saturday, November 2, after a police helicopter was forced to crash-land on one of the runways.
A report shared by K24 revealed that the chopper was registered as 5Y-SFA (Mil Mi-17 Hip).
The reports further stated that the helicopter was forced to take the risky plunge onto the runway after developing mechanical problems on its final descent.
Two police officers - a chief inspector attached to the Kenya Police Airwing and a flight engineer, were on board during the scary incident.
The officers managed to walk away from the scene of the crash-landing unscathed.
This came just 3 days after an aircraft operated by a local airline, Safarilink Caravan, skidded off the runway at Wilson Airport on landing from Lamu.
One of the tyres of the aircraft bearing the registration number, 5Y-SLJ, is reported to have burst on making contact with the runway making the plane to skid off the runway at about 6:25 p.m.
Just a day earlier, a passenger aircraft operated by Silverstone Air lost a wheel during take-off from the Lodwar airstrip.
The plane then made an emergency landing at the Moi International Airport Eldoret.accident crash
- Wanted26 May 2022 - 2:22 pm
- Speaking in tongues26 May 2022 - 2:14 pm
- Scaling Heights26 May 2022 - 2:03 pm
- TALENTED26 May 2022 - 1:10 pm
- Concern26 May 2022 - 12:29 pm
- Sorry26 May 2022 - 11:53 am
- Upward Spiral26 May 2022 - 11:25 am
- difference26 May 2022 - 10:40 am
- Historic26 May 2022 - 11:11 am
- Relief26 May 2022 - 9:52 am
- TOUGH TIMES26 May 2022 - 9:35 am
- Blocked26 May 2022 - 8:57 am