Kimilili MP Didmus Barasa was on Thursday, November 7, 2019, clobbered by goons at DC Grounds in Kibra Constituency.
The MP, who was calmly speaking to his Dagoretti North counterpart Simba Arati, had just arrived at the grounds when the incident occurred.
A group of youth were captured on camera slapping the MP, pushing him around and removing his signature cap.
The youth ordered the MP to leave the polling station because he was allied to Deputy President William Ruto.
Arati tried to calm them but his efforts did not bear fruit.
Earlier in the day, Barasa told Kenyans.co.ke that several Jubilee MPs had been roughed up by goons paid by the opposition.
"ODM is desperate, what they are doing is chasing away Members of Parliament not allied to their parties, they even tried to rough Oscar Sudi up. They also tried to rough me up, so I can say they thrive in violence," he stated.
Jubilee's candidate McDonald Mariga was also chased away minutes after he arrived at a polling station in Ayany Primary School.
The situation took a rather ugly turn as police were forced to shoot in the air to disperse the rowdy crowd.
"Kwenda! Kwenda kabisa, wewe si utoe gari uende (Go away, take your car and leave) a resident was heard ordering.
Below is a video courtesy of Citizen TV;
- tragedy9 August 2020 - 10:35 am
- The Truth9 August 2020 - 9:29 am
- 2022 Politics9 August 2020 - 8:46 am
- Shattering ceilings9 August 2020 - 7:49 am
- Commendable9 August 2020 - 7:28 am
- Troubled9 August 2020 - 7:14 am
- heavy hitter8 August 2020 - 7:58 pm
- in hindsight8 August 2020 - 7:32 pm
- changing lives8 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- emotional8 August 2020 - 5:57 pm
- woman of steel8 August 2020 - 4:35 pm
- Amen!8 August 2020 - 4:50 pm