Medics rushed to a terrifying accident scene in the ongoing Meru rally as a Kenyan driver rolled over six times in a horrifying incident recorded on video.
On Saturday, November 9, Three-times Africa rally champions Manvir Baryan and his co-driver Drew Sturrock survived the roll.
In the video posted on Twitter by one Samir Wainaina, the duo's SKODA car spun before rolling over six times and later settling down.
The incident scared a crowd that was watching from a distance as they screamed in panic.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke on phone, Kenya Motor Sports Federation Communications Director Samson Ateka confirmed the incident.
"The incident occurred but they are alive. They were attended to by medics," Ateka affirmed.
The latest round of the Kenya National Rally Championship (KNRC) is currently being held in Meru as the event returned to the county for the first time in nine years.
Meru Governor Kiraitu Murungi, Clerk of the Course Hellen Kagendo, launched the event that will count towards the seventh round of the Kenya National Rally Championship.
The rally will have a total of 11 competitive stages where 2 stages will be run once, 3 repeated twice and the spectator stage designated for public viewing 3 times.
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am
- Insider1 June 2020 - 9:57 am
- hard pass1 June 2020 - 9:24 am