Nakuru Senator Susan Kihika, on Saturday, November 9, irked a section of Kenyans after she flat-out begged Interior CS Fred Matiang'i for an outrageous favour.
Speaking in Gilgil, Nakuru County, in the company of Deputy President William Ruto, Kihika asked Matiang'i to allow her and her team hire goons in preparation for the 2022 campaigns.
She made the plea after ranting about how some of Jubilee Party's legislators, most notably Kimilili MP Didmus Barasa, got roughed up in Kibra during the by-election as police officers watched.
"An MP was attacked by the goons as police officers stood by as if they were watching a movie. We, therefore, demand to know who the police officers of this country work for.
"If an MP can be clobbered as intensely as they were, how about the everyday citizen? So I am asking Matiang'i, if we've got to a point where we need to get our own security, then let us. Tell us to start recruiting goons to provide us security in the upcoming 2022 elections," stated Kihika.
She further warned former Prime Minister Raila Odinga against returning to the political system of the past era in which she cited that intimidation was rampant.
"Raila Odinga must know that we cannot go back to the politics of intimidation, coercion and backwardness," continued Kihika.
During the Thursday, November 7, Kibra polls, Barasa was captured on camera being clobbered by some youth that were claimed to have been incited by Dagoretti North MP Simba Arati.
Arati, however, disputed the claims arguing that he attempted to save the legislator.
"It is wrong for people and even you the media to report that I unleashed youths on Barasa. It is me who saved him," he protested.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm