His Holiness Pope Francis made appointed Rt. Reverend Dominic Kimengich as the bishop of Eldoret Diocese.
Kimengich is currently the bishop of Lodwar Diocese.
The position fell vacant on October 30, 2017, following the death of Rt. Reverend Cornelius Korir. Consequently, the Holy Father appointed the Bishop of Kitale, Rt. Reverend Maurice Crowley as the Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese.
According to media reports, the news of Bishop Kimengich's appointment was officially made public in Rome on Saturday, November 16, 2019, at noon.
The letter of his appointment was sent to the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) by the Apostolic Nuncio to Kenya His Excellency Archbishop Bert van Megen.
Born on April 23, 1961, Bishop Kimengich was ordained as an auxiliary bishop of Lodwar and titular bishop of tanaramusa on March 20, 2010.
The Catholic church on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, assured President Uhuru Kenyatta that it fully supports his ongoing crackdown against graft in the country.
The message was delivered during an event at State House, Nairobi, where Archbishop Hubertus Van Megen visited to present his credentials as Pope Francis' representative.
In November 2015, the Pope made a three-day visit to Kenya.
Pope Francis mingled freely with those around him as far as his security personnel could allow him.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm