In December 2017, rapper Stephen Otieno, popularly known as Stivo Simple Boy, took the music industry but very few people know the humble abode that he calls home.
While appearing on K24 TV's Weekend With Betty on Friday, November 1, the rapper introduced his Nairobi home to the public for the first time by inviting the show's host Betty Kyallo.
Perched somewhere inside Kibra slums is the part mud-walled and part iron sheets covered home.
Inside the house is a couch and a kitchen section where some utensils could be seen. He shares the space with his sister Linet.
During the interview, the musician narrated how life had always been tough to him and his family, He was born with eight siblings but one has since passed on.
Their original home is in Oyugis, Homa Bay County, and only moved to the city in order to make their ends meet.
"We came to Kibra and that was when I started learning music. Life was so tough in Oyugis because we had fee challenges. sometimes we could even sleep hungry.
"My parents still live in Oyugis and are very supportive. Nairobi is better because one can hustle and make some money. I used to work at a construction site," he narrated.
He further narrated that music was not his first love but he started performing it after getting encouragement from his local church where he would perform some of his music from time to time.
He dropped out of school while at Class Eight because he lacked school fees to proceed.
Below are more photos and a video of Stivo Simple Boy's humble home:
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm
- Amazing3 July 2020 - 12:36 pm