NOTICE: HELB to Publish Loan Defaulters Photos in Newspapers
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) will publish the names and pictures of defaulters in a measure to recover monies given out to students over a 44-year period.
A representative from the institution told Kenyans.co.ke, that in a notice that would be published on Tuesday, November 19, the State Corporation noted had that some of its beneficiaries who had defaulted on their loans were not responding to communication to repay.
As such the body stated, "Please take note the names and pictures of HELB loan beneficiaries who have defaulted repayment of the loan from 1975 to date shall be published in the leading newspapers.
The names will be published after the expiry of 30 days from the date of this notice and thereafter legal action may ensue against each defaulter as stipulated in the HELB Act."
The financial body stated that the funds received from loan repayment were used to support the current needy students, therefore, 'sustained default hinders funding of other deserving Kenyan youth.'
Beneficiaries who are not servicing their loans are advised to :
1. Get in touch with HELB via firstname.lastname@example.org for particulars of their loan accounts any other inquiry.
2. Loan status may be confirmed via the loanee portal on the website www.helb.co.ke; USSD Code *642# of HELB App through Google playstore.
3. Loan Repayment options are available online on https://helb.co.ke/repay-loan/
Here is the notice that will be published by HELB on Tuesday, November 19 by HELB:
- 10 December 2019 - 8:55 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 7:55 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 8:30 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 8:05 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 6:41 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 7:34 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 5:42 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 5:28 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 3:47 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 3:04 pm