Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko during an interview on Radio Citizen dared the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) to arrest him over graft allegations.
Sonko, while defending himself on Monday, November 18, in the live breakfast show accused the corruption watchdog of engaging in corruption.
"When you investigate these people (EACC), you'll find out that they are also corrupt," Sonko affirmed.
Sonko threw a direct jab at EACC when he accused EACC director of investigations, Abdi Mohammed, of engaging in land grabbing.
"Abdi Mohammed, the director of investigations told me that there's a business he has and that he wanted me to help him get public land for use," the governor revealed.
Sonko in his spirited fight to clear his name further tore into the integrity of the commission led by CEO, Twalib Mbarak, swearing that he would not be intimidated.
"And I'm going to fight my wars [with EACC] I heard someone say that they'll imprison me, let them try so, idiots!" Sonko lashed out.
"EACC teamed up with the land grabbers and the theft of public resources is happening right under the nose of Mbarak," he vented.
The Nairobi county boss sent a strong message to the corruption watchdog officials warning them that unlike other governors, he is not a pushover.
"Mbarak is not a bad person but the problem with money is that it's attractive. He too has been absorbed into corruption. He is eating with them," Sonko stated.
The governor then went ahead and voiced the opinion that a lifestyle audit needed to be conducted on EAAC officials.
While reiterating that he was fully in support of the fight against corruption, Sonko challenged the EACC to produce concrete evidence against him as opposed to what he termed as mere allegations.corruption arrest fight
- DCI Raid17 September 2021 - 7:21 am
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm