Deputy President William Ruto, famous for his humble beginnings, opted to register as a tout when he joined a matatu sacco.
On Friday, December 13, Digital strategist, Dennis Itumbi, took to social media to announce that Ruto was impressed by a group of touts and drivers who decided to pave a path to their own wealth.
In 2019, members of the Trans-Nzoia County Stage Team Sacco based in Kitale decided to save the little they had and registered the group. On Friday they invited Ruto to open their office.
"Today, Ruto listened to their hustle story, their determination and vision as he officially commissioned their matatus and offices.
"He then asked to be adopted as a fellow tout in the Sacco and gave a contribution of Ksh1 million that would go into paying a deposit for another matatu immediately," Itumbi announced.
Ruto, who is a devoted Christian, went on to preach to them and remind that God blesses the meek and lowly.
"I am a strong believer in humble beginnings and as the Bible says in Zechariah 4:10, do not despise humble beginnings for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin," Ruto quoted.
The DP, who declared himself a hustler, has numerously recalled his humble beginnings too.
Before breaking into fame, he sold chicken to truck drivers hauling cargo to Uganda.
He also wore his first pair of shoes when he joined Form One at Wareng’ High School in Uasin Gishu County.
- lovebirds10 August 2020 - 6:36 pm
- New Horizons10 August 2020 - 6:05 pm
- close shave10 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- watch out10 August 2020 - 5:12 pm
- City Tour10 August 2020 - 5:08 pm
- Anticipated Return10 August 2020 - 4:02 pm
- stranded10 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- latest10 August 2020 - 2:27 pm
- furious10 August 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Ultimatums10 August 2020 - 1:09 pm
- By a Whisker10 August 2020 - 1:21 pm
- the journey10 August 2020 - 12:56 pm