Embattled lawyer Miguna Miguna cracked up Citizen TV anchor Jeff Koinange when he recalled the show host's arrest in 2015, arguing that Koinange faced similar tribulations to his.
On Wednesday, January 8, Miguna was hosted on JK Live via teleconferencing from Berlin, Germany, and lashed at the government for failing to adhere to court orders that allowed him to travel back to Kenya.
Koinange went on to argue that Miguna's woes were an outcome of his Twitter rants, which many people considered abusive.
"There was a time you were arrested and you squealed and cried like a baby because you had allegedly defamed billionaire Jimmy Wanjigi. You had to produce Ksh 2million to be released, you didn’t even stay in detention for two hours yet you cried for two months.
"Did you say that you did sth wrong and you will not do it again because somebody arrested you? If you are a man of integrity and someone victimises you, don't water down your integrity," Miguna argued, forcing Koinange and his guests, analysts Herman Manyora and Mark Bichachi into laughter.
Koinange later lightly responded, defending himself against Miguna astounding banter.
“For the record, Miguna, I did not squeal like a baby, just to be clear," Koinange opined.
In May 2015, Koinange war arrested alongside KTN News show host Tony Gachoka after they reportedly discussed the conduct of Wanjigi's company on JK Live, despite the company having obtained a court order barring the same.
The exiled self-declared revolution leader went on to state that he would never be taken to court because he stood by the truth.
"What you call vitriolic is but the truth and the only reason I cannot be sued in a court of law for defamation because the truth is an absolute defence in libel law," Miguna argued.
Video: Citizen TV
- ejected20 September 2020 - 7:28 am
- Final Decision20 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- generosity19 September 2020 - 8:10 pm
- nabbed19 September 2020 - 7:57 pm
- alternative transport19 September 2020 - 7:20 pm
- not cool19 September 2020 - 6:16 pm
- our bad19 September 2020 - 5:55 pm
- high profile19 September 2020 - 5:23 pm
- on blast19 September 2020 - 4:55 pm
- Partners19 September 2020 - 4:34 pm
- Dangerous19 September 2020 - 4:00 pm
- latest report19 September 2020 - 3:10 pm