Controversial barrister, Miguna Miguna took to social media to praise KTN journalist Sophia Wanuna for the questions she posed to President Uhuru Kenyatta when he held a press conference from State House Mombasa on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
Ms Wanuna emerged uncapped in what was intended by the exiled lawyer as a snide attack towards journalists in the country.
Miguna alleged that of all the journalists that were afforded the opportunity to pose questions to President Kenyatta, she was most objective.
"The compromised Kenyan media is now dead. Apart from Sophia Wanuna whom Uhuru Kenyatta stopped from asking her questions that were targeted on the interests of Kenyans, the other reporters only distinguished themselves by shouting 'Your Excellency' louder than each other," Miguna alleged.
When allowed the time, Wanuna asked President Kenyatta about the Building Bridges Initiatives process, his relationship with ODM leader Raila Odinga and the tensions that had erupted within the Jubilee Party.
President Kenyatta calmly answered, that he had a single agenda, to unify Kenyans by the end of his final term. The head of state stated that he felt that it was unfortunate some leaders from his party felt alienated.
"I find that to be quite unfortunate, and I've made it clear that my aim is to use the remainder of my term to unify Kenyans, it is unfortunate that others feel left out," President Kenyatta stated.
However, a second question by Wanuna was shut out by the commander in chief.
She asked President Kenyatta to clarify on reports that he intended to extend his term past 2022, a question the head of state quickly shrugged off.
"You have already asked a question. That's your story," Uhuru answered as he prepared to respond to another question.
The president opted to steer clear of the subject.
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm
- ImageGive Up27 February 2020 - 1:03 pm
- ImageNo show27 February 2020 - 1:41 pm