Orange Democratic Movement party leader, Raila Odinga threw a party when he toured the Coast. Odinga celebrated his birthday with special needs students at Sahajanand Special School in Mtwapa, Kilifi County.
The event which took place on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, came a few days after the AU envoy turned 75 on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
In photos seen by Kenyans.co.ke, a humungous cake with ODM trademark colour, orange, on the edges and an image of Odinga, was baked for him.
He took his time to share the cake with the learners at the institution, feeding them after he cut the cake.
The AU envoy was dressed in African regalia, with leis, given to him upon his arrival, on his neck. He completed his outfit with a Yoruba Aso Oke Hat and a fly whisk.
The party came a few hours after he met ministers from countries involved in the Lamu Port Southern Sudan-Ethiopia Transport (LAPSETT) project at the Sarova Whitesands, Mombasa.
On Tuesday, January 7, Odinga had also celebrated his birthday with his wife Ida Odinga and two of his grandchildren.
He further posed with a specially baked cake that featured a Kenyan flag, his name and age.
Odinga shared cake-cutting duties with his grandchildren as netizens took to social media to wish him a happy birthday.
Kenyans and politicians alike wished his well on his birthday.
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am
- Vaccine25 May 2020 - 10:59 am