On Tuesday, January 14, Gachoka claimed that he had spoken to Kenyatta over the ex-CS's sacking and the president acted upon his request.
With the sentiments, Gachoka escalated his cold war with Deputy President William Ruto and his allies, as he went on to mock Kiunjuri.
"I asked Kenyatta to send us a sign in relation to Mwangi Kiunjuri.
"Self-styled hustler DP Ruto wants Mwangi Kiunjuri as his running mate. Now they have time for endless politics, ‘thanks to the cabinet reshuffle'.
"Uhuru can now work in peace. Good riddance. It’s not the size of the wave but the motion of the ocean that moves the ship," Gachoka opined.
On Tuesday, January 14, Mwangi Kiunjuri himself asserted that he was not surprised by the firing as he had anticipated it.
Kiunjuri vowed that he would strive to stay in the spotlight and that there would be a reaction to President Uhuru Kenyatta's action.
"I am not lacking in means. I know the President took his actions and this must have its own consequences.
“For any actions, there will be reactions, you talk tough, I act tough,” remarked Kiunjuri.
Political analyst, Herman Manyora, also concurred with Tony Gachoka by also opining that Kiunjuri was in pole position to become Deputy President William Ruto's running-mate in 2022.
"Kiunjuri looks set to become Ruto's running mate in 2022 because he has taken the beating for Ruto," the University of Nairobi (UoN) don informed Kenyans.co.ke on Tuesday, January 14.
- vacancies9 July 2020 - 7:35 pm
- Revealed9 July 2020 - 6:40 pm
- loud9 July 2020 - 5:25 pm
- enjoyment9 July 2020 - 5:18 pm
- ahead of the curve9 July 2020 - 5:10 pm
- Insider9 July 2020 - 4:52 pm
- get ready9 July 2020 - 4:23 pm
- rising star9 July 2020 - 4:21 pm
- My Take9 July 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Commendable Move9 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- Hot Seat9 July 2020 - 3:08 pm
- coast update9 July 2020 - 2:58 pm