A mother got emotional narrating events that led in her son's death to Kamukunji MP Yusuf Abdi on Friday, January 17.
In a video that has been making rounds on social media, the emotional mother angrily probed why police officers killed her 19-year-old son, Hemedi Majini.
"A police officer shot my son just because he smelt of bhang. Why would he do that?" the mother emotionally questioned as the MP wiped her tears.
"May God avenge my son's death," she added.
Meanwhile, Abdi condemned the incident and called for a thorough investigation of the alleged shooting.
"We want immediate action taken against the police officer who killed the boy. We do not want him in Kamukunji. He should be immediately arrested and arraigned in court for the killing," he stated.
Earlier, residents in Majengo held demonstrations following the brutal murder.
They claimed that Hemedi Majini was murdered after a disagreement ensued between him and a police officer.
The protestors alleged that Majini wanted to secure his friend's release when the two got into an argument and the officer shot him dead.
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) has launched investigations into the incident.
Below is the video;
- Another promise26 September 2020 - 2:00 pm
- here's why26 September 2020 - 2:15 pm
- sporty26 September 2020 - 12:49 pm
- angered26 September 2020 - 12:25 pm
- Alert26 September 2020 - 12:21 pm
- Hillarious26 September 2020 - 12:08 pm
- puzzling26 September 2020 - 11:12 am
- go away26 September 2020 - 11:31 am
- Tragic26 September 2020 - 9:46 am
- tough hardle26 September 2020 - 8:44 am
- His Take26 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- Power play26 September 2020 - 7:36 am