A mother got emotional narrating events that led in her son's death to Kamukunji MP Yusuf Abdi on Friday, January 17.
In a video that has been making rounds on social media, the emotional mother angrily probed why police officers killed her 19-year-old son, Hemedi Majini.
"A police officer shot my son just because he smelt of bhang. Why would he do that?" the mother emotionally questioned as the MP wiped her tears.
"May God avenge my son's death," she added.
Meanwhile, Abdi condemned the incident and called for a thorough investigation of the alleged shooting.
"We want immediate action taken against the police officer who killed the boy. We do not want him in Kamukunji. He should be immediately arrested and arraigned in court for the killing," he stated.
Earlier, residents in Majengo held demonstrations following the brutal murder.
They claimed that Hemedi Majini was murdered after a disagreement ensued between him and a police officer.
The protestors alleged that Majini wanted to secure his friend's release when the two got into an argument and the officer shot him dead.
The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) has launched investigations into the incident.
Below is the video;
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm