The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (Kura) on Wednesday, January 22, announced the closure of the Lower Kabete Road/Brookside Drive junction from Tuesday, January 28, at 5 a.m. to March 28, at 6 p.m.
In a notice posted on Twitter, the authority indicated that the junction would be closed to give way for the construction of a culvert.
Further, Kura urged motorists to use alternative routes to reach their specific destinations in the area.
The authority also indicated that traffic marshals would be on-site to guide motorists appropriately on what alternative roads to follow.
“We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused as we endeavour to provide an efficient and safe road network," the notice read in part.
Motorists were also urged to promptly follow the indicated roads to avoid unnecessary traffic jams.
For Lower Kabete bound traffic motorists were advised to use the Peponi Road-Mwanzi Road route while motorists bound for Brookside Drive via Mwanzi Road, were advised to use the Peponi Road-Lower Kabete Road-Brookside Drive route.
For Lower Kabete-bound traffic, from Brookside drive, Kura urged motorists to use the Lower Kabete Road-Peponi road-Mwanzi Road route.
In December 2019, the authority announced that a section of Likoni Road at Enterprise Road junction would be closed from December 14, 2019, to December 20, 2019.
The disruption was done due to the hoisting of road beams as part of plans to improve the junction.
In May 2018, the Ministry of transport announced the plan to spend Ksh142 million to be used in patching up of pot holes on 158 city roads.
The ministry indicated that roads that were set for improvement included Mokoyeti East Road, Kumbe Road, and Jogoo Road. Others to undergo upgrading included 17th Street (Part) and Kings Road to bitumen standard, routine maintenance of Kiambiu, Mwende roads, and Second Avenue Eastleigh.
Other ministry plans included spot improvement of Kayole Spine Road, rehabilitation of Five Acres Road and access to Komarock Phase II.
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm