Veteran Swahili news anchor, Badi Muhsin, a legend and celebrated journalist, made his way back to Kenya Broadcasting Corporation, where he made his name, to lead a special bulletin for retired President Daniel Arap Moi.
Muhsin, who retired a few years back, could be heard reading the bulletin and speaking to a journalist at Parliament Buildings, where Moi's remains lie in state.
Moi, passed away on Tuesday, February 4, after succumbing to illness and his state funeral commenced on Saturday, February 8, with President Uhuru Kenyatta leading the nation in viewing Moi's body.
Muhsin used to read the news during Moi's era, between 1980 and 2002.
His love for the station is unending as in numerous interviews, he has never been shy of pouring his heart out for the national broadcaster.
“You have to be willing to learn and prove yourself.
"You also have to be highly disciplined as your work puts you in public limelight and your behaviour, at work at outside, reflects on your station,” Badi stated in an interview with Parents Magazine, affirming that working at the station taught him how to be disciplined and resilient.
The native son of Kitui was presented with the Order of the Grand Warrior (OGW) award in 2011 by retired President Mwai Kibaki, for his long service in Kenyan media.
He was also recognised as one of the best Swahili news anchors by the famed author Wallah Bin Wallah in 2010, in addition to being first runner-up for best Swahili translator award in KBC in 1993.
Viewing of Moi's body commenced at 10.15 a.m. State officials arrived at Parliament by 9.45 a.m. for the solemn ceremony. The public will be allowed access to view the body from Saturday, February 8 to Monday, February 10.
On Tuesday, February 11, the nation will celebrate Moi's life at a memorial service to be held at Nyayo Stadium. Interior CS Fred Matiang'i gazetted the day as a holiday. The late president will be interred at his farm in Kabarak, Nakuru County on Wednesday, February 12.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm