Media personality and activist Julie Gichuru challenged her children in a heartwarming message dedicated to them.
In a social media post on Wednesday, February 12, Julie gave her children advice on how they should conduct themselves in their future lives.
"To my daughter; there is nothing more empowering by deciding to break the mould. Get him a rose. Give him a gift. Take the driver's seat and spoil him if you can. A woman must know that she needs nothing from any external forces other than God," she wrote.
Gichuru also urged her daughter to learn independence at a young age so that in the future, they could be self-sufficient.
"She must know that she can handle her business. She, therefore, needs no man but is able to choose her partner - her homie/lover/friend. That is powerful. Be that woman. Be different. Do it your way. No pressure," Gichuru urged.
Gichuru also had a special message for her sons regarding love.
"Valentine's message; to my sons, there is no need to feel pressure to deliver what is beyond your means or even simply imprudent or impractical. One rose and your time is more than enough and any woman worth her salt would get it," she advised.
Gichuru further urged her sons to focus on partners who would add value to their lives and who would encourage them to live comfortably and happily when they came of age.
She warned them against stretching too much to please their significant others in the future and to instead ensure that they focused on the little things that she insisted mattered more.
"If you feel pressured to live beyond your means, maybe you need to look for the woman who will be your friend, partner and equal. Give love, respect, and attention every day, that is the true gift," she added.
At the moment, Gichuru is a mother of four children identified as Njeri, Joseph, Kimoshe, and Daniel, and is married to Anthony Gichuru -a practising pilot and entrepreneur.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm