It's the season of love and friends, couples and loved ones seized this moment to express affection in the form of gifts and kind gestures.
KTN News presenter Timothy Otieno rose to the occasion and surprised his colleague, Grace Kuria, a fellow presenter, with a bouquet of flowers during a live broadcast after interviewing Nairobians on the street about Valentines Day.
Ms Kuria was taken aback by the gesture, causing her to freeze for a moment, as Otieno enjoyed seeing his fellow anchor blush.
"I could not go off air without at least appreciating you so I have bought you, a bouquet of flowers. Happy Valentines Grace," Otieno stated, as Kuria was blown away, brushing her hair back with her fingers.
"Are you blushing?" Otieno quipped, making Kuria hide her face behind the yellow roses.
Earlier on, the Moi University alumnus had detailed his plans for valentines after Kuria asked him to elaborate how he'd spend the day, from whether he would buy flowers, chocolate or a special gift for someone or even attending the men's conference.
"It's a must we attend the men's conference but I have already made my order for my special person to receive her valentines gift. Probably around 2 p.m. I will wait for the call to know whether she has found out. But after it, the men's conference. The keynote address will be at 4 p.m.
"Love is a beautiful thing it is not all about loved ones, family friends. I know a lady who has celebrated herself by buying herself flowers," Otieno stated.
Kuria added that they had traversed the city and had witnessed even ageing couples celebrating the day.
"Most of the time, our focus is usually on young people. We forget these elderly ones," the former K24 TV presenter asserted.
Kuria joined KTN News in January 2019.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm